I'm not one to reflect too much after something finishes. I just assume to move on to the next endeavor without much thought concerning the prior events effects on me. However, I guess its hard to leave this program and not have a solid idea of what I've learned.
Well first thing is first. Food. The food this year has been magnificent. If you're a bit of a groupie when it comes to reading my blog (Mom!) then you know that eating good food is one of my highest priorities. But eating good food is a symbol for something more. When ever things get stressful I have always found food as a refuge. When I lived in Miami I could tell you five places off the top of my head that would give you a foogasm: Dogma, Icebox, North110, Andiamo's, and this Thai place on 79th and Biscayne that I can't remember the name of. I loved these places because going to these places was a social outing where I bonded with my friends. In a little more than a month I'll be attending the wedding of one of those friends. So you see, food can really create life time friendships.
The same is true this year. Lauren chilled with me at Panchitos as we discuss the stresses of teaching. The whole cohort relaxed at Mad Mex from 430 to 600. Happy hour is a beautiful thing. There is nothing. Nothing like good food to bring people together and complain about all the crap that is stressing them out. Everyone needs a release; food, good friends, and moderately good alcohol is mine. Unique right! I'll have to spread the word.
As for the program. I can guarantee you that I will always be an analytical teacher. I will always try to figure out how I can become better.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment